We are looking for a passionate, creative and well organised Digital Designer, who is looking to work somewhere innovative where they can truly make an impact.
As our Digital Designer, you will work be responsible for the design, creation and delivery of Akkroo’s online and digital marketing materials with the goal of educating, informing, entertaining and driving our future customers to take action.
Your day-to-day work will include:
- Designing and developing aspects of our front-end marketing website and landing pages.
- Graphical content for social media such as profiles, banners and adverts
- Email design, code, creation and testing
- Creating and (ideally) illustrating infographics
- Creation of customer-facing downloadable assets such as guides, as well as visual interpretation of written content
- Graphical content for display banners for our paid search, re-marketing and partners
- Working with partner agencies and freelancers to manage outsourced front end design and development work as required
Our ideal candidate
We’re looking for someone who is creative and passionate about design. You’ll also need to be comfortable with using HTML and CSS. Willingness to learn and get to grips with more front-end related design would be a bonus.
What we need:
- Demonstrable experience: We would like to see and hear you talk through examples of your process through to the final designs. You will have at least two years of experience designing for a B2B audience, ideally within the SaaS, Events or tech space.
- A head for marketing and a passion for design: As a Digital Designer you will interpret a broad range of briefs in different digital formats, and apply high-quality design thinking to your work.
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal): Self editing, copy-checking and attention to detail are musts.
- A roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-stuck-in attitude: We’re a startup, no two days will be the same. Not everything has a process yet, and you’ll work with different people and different departments all the time. This needs to be something that excites rather than deters you!
The hard skills we’re looking for:
- Digital design
- Vector design
- An understanding of HTML and CSS
- Cross-platform email design and testing
- Experience with landing page tools and systems (we use HubSpot landing pages)
What we value
A positive, thoughtful approach to life and your work will be important.
Every member of our team actively shapes our startup business; so personal learning, contribution and growth is very important to us all.
We encourage collaboration across the company, including participation and decision-making in areas you might not traditionally be familiar with, such as marketing, sales, customer success and business development.
Why work here?
First year salary from £33,000 — £35,000, depending on skills and experience. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
A lot of places boast a great culture, but what’s going on here is really second to none (you have to see it to believe it). You would join an incredibly friendly but high achieving team. We have a set of core values which define us and shape our team, if they resonate with you then we could be on to something.
You can also enjoy…
- Tech/ work tools: We supply you with the best hardware so you can focus on the tasks at hand. We’ll hook you up with a MacBook on your first day, and we’ll sort out getting any additional hardware you need as you get settled.
- Equity: Akkroo is still small, so our new team members have the opportunity to own a slice of the pie through our share options scheme.
- Social: You can enjoy monthly team lunches (we’ll get the bill), various fun events and a company which genuinely gets on well with each other.
- Holiday: We’re all adults here, so we’ll trust you to decide how much holiday you want to take (with a minimum of 24 days).
- Pay: We’re committed to paying competitively so you’re not worried about making a living whilst you’re here.
- Life perks: Discounts on gym membership, cinema, high street brands and cycle-scheme.
- Food and drink: Fully stocked fruit bowls to keep you healthy, free breakfast options
- Learning perks: You’ll get a book budget, so treat yourself to your next reads on us.
Hi, we’re Akkroo: a vibrant, dynamic and innovative tech scale-up based in Brixton.
We’re on a mission to modernise the way businesses think about exhibiting at events and their approach to lead capture, where archaic, manual and broken methods are still the norm.