Akkroo is a vibrant and fast paced tech scale-up, addressing the broken methods around collecting and processing leads from events. We are the forerunners of Event Lead Capture, offering a quality solution that connects events, sales and marketing for businesses across the UK, US and Europe.
We’re 5 years into our journey, having developed our platform and established global success. You would be joining a mature company which has roots and a foundation, but still huge scope for growth, creativity and innovation. When better to get involved with a company?!
Akkroo has now reached an exciting and important role in our journey where growth and restructure has meant we need someone to oversee, champion and embed QA as an integral part of our new product and engineering workflow.
This will be the first role of it’s kind here, and offers a unique opportunity for someone interested in a role with both hands-on and strategic elements.
Starting something from anew, this position provide a variety of exciting challenges, and two main responsibilities will be to:
Ensure we build and deliver a product to the highest quality standards;
- Responsible for doing the day to day hands-on QA testing of the software
- Attending product & engineering sprint planning, and proactively helping engineers in planning their tests and work
- Developing of a deep personal understanding of our product and customers
- Working with product to ensure great quality user stories and ensure these have appropriate test coverage
Develop the infrastructure of QA;
- Automating and bringing in systems to create efficiency and remove arduous, repeatable testing processes
- Evaluating and adopting third party services and tools as required
- Documenting & standardising our QA process
- Work with engineering and devops to develop appropriate build facilities for testing
- Building a culture and understanding of testing within the business, and holding team members accountable for their work
For context, our current tech stack is a mixture of React Native powered mobile applications (iOS, Android) and desktop-orientated web applications (JS, React, PHP, Mongo, MySQL). We are happy for the person who fills this role to assess and choose the most appropriate tools for the job. Some of your work will mean you will be working directly with our Chief Product Officer, Andy.
You’re a self directed, motivated and dynamic individual looking for a role where you can make an significant impact in a small product team. We’re specifically looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Experience as a QA before, either as part of a team, or having run a team — a couple of years under your belt as an QA analyst or engineer would be a great baseline
- Demonstrate both analytical and technical skillsets
- Ideally experience in an agile or scrum based working environment
- Experience with automation
- You have coded before to some extent, either formally or as a pastime
- A clear desire to develop and to take responsibility for the end to end QA process
- Excellent English and communication skills (written and verbal)
What’s on offer
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £35,000 – £45,000 for this role. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
A lot of places boast a great culture, but what’s going on here is really second to none (check out our instagram for a sneak peak). You would join a vibrant, supporting and friendly team, who are laser focused on seeing results and making a real impact. We have a set of core values which define us and shape our tribe, if they resonate with you then we could be onto something.
You can also enjoy…
- Tech/work tools: We supply you with the best hardware so you can focus on the tasks at hand. We’ll hook you up with a MacBook on your first day, and we’ll sort out getting any additional hardware you need as you get settled.
- Social: You can enjoy monthly team lunches (we’ll get the bill), various fun events and a company which genuinely gets on well with each other.
- Holiday: We’re all adults here, so we’ll trust you to decide how much holiday you want to take (with a minimum of 24 days).
- Pay: We’re committed to paying competitively so you’re not worried about making a living whilst you’re here.
- Life perks: Discounts on gym membership, cinema, high street brands and cycle-scheme.
- Food and drink: Fully stocked fruit bowls to keep you healthy, free breakfast options. A barista style coffee machine stocked with locally roasted beans, and any tea you would like.
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
We’re Akkroo: a vibrant, dynamic and innovative tech scale-up based in Brixton.
We’re on a mission to modernise the way businesses think about exhibiting at events and their approach to lead capture, where archaic, manual and broken methods are still the norm.