At Akkroo, we’re on a mission to help businesses think differently about exhibiting and the way they capture and process leads at B2B trade shows and events using our mobile and cloud-based applications.
We’re at the forefront of a new, emerging category that bridges the gap between exhibiting at events and an organisation’s existing Sales and Marketing processes. This is achieved through our market-leading, innovative Software-as-a-Service platform which we sell into B2B mid-market and enterprise organisations all over the world, like IBM, PayPal and Johnson & Johnson.
We are looking for a product-minded senior engineering leader, who is outcomes-orientated, holds people to account, and already knows how to build and develop a great team of engineers and deliver great software in a scaling software business. Someone who will add measurable value and management experience to a growing, startup team who are starting to mature their process and practice.
- Collaboratively transform our team into a modern, effective software production organisation
- Hire and shape production teams (engineering, outsourced devops, QA) to meet the new requirements of a growing SaaS business in our journey to £10m ARR (we expect you to advise on and hire more technical roles this year)
- Ensure delivery & maintenance of a reliable, scalable, secure modern tech stack
- Execute the Event Lead Capture & Management product vision of the founders
Success in the role will be based on the following business outcomes:
- Quality and robustness of the systems and process you build
- Delivery against business, hiring & roadmap objectives
- Performance of your teams
The role will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Plan and deliver key software and platform components towards our business vision (working closely with our CPO & CEO)
- Foster close collaboration between engineering and all other internal teams
- Build and communicate a clear strategy with your team/teams
- Consistently deliver software of the highest quality across all our platforms, whilst also managing technical debt appropriately
- Build autonomy and accountability into your team/teams
- Foster the personal development of the individuals you are responsible for
- Establishing and managing key technical research projects
- Results orientated
As we build out our applications and technical infrastructure, we want to be able to deliver effectively against business goals, and report clearly on our ability to do this.
- Excellent technical problem solving skills with a code background
We’re a 40-odd person scale-up and therefore it is vital you understand your domain and be willing, when the situation requires it, to get hands-on
- A cross-functional, organised and process-driven approach
The role will require coordination and organisation with other functions in Akkroo, from Product and Engineering to Support and Sales, so the ability to work well with other teams is a must-have
Required skills and experience
- Notable experience contributing to a the journey of a scaling software business
3+ years experience in leading multiple software teams. We’re on the £2M to £10M leg of the ARR journey and are looking for someone that has experienced life in a fast-growth, high paced software scale-up, and can bring all their experience of what does and doesn’t work to help use deliver our application and supporting technical infrastructure effectively and robustly.
- Building out continuous integration/delivery or SaaS products
We have both cloud based and mobile applications in our products, so experience building and delivering in an agile environment is important. A disciplined and quality-minded approach.
- Formation and management of cross-functional production teams
Demonstrable experience in hiring, building and growing performant teams with an inclusive approach to management, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic leader with the ability to inspire others
With excellent communication skills
What’s on offer
- We operate a Share Options scheme which you will be eligible to join upon successful completion of probation
- This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join us in a senior role as we continue to scale up the business
- You’ll have a highly skilled and knowledgeable team to work with from day one, as well as the chance to hire in new talent
- You’ll be able to work closely with the co-founders and other senior members of the team as we continue to shape and execute on our software strategy for the business
A lot of places boast a great culture, but what’s going on here is really second to none (check out our Instagram for a sneak peak). You would join a vibrant, supporting and friendly team, who are laser focused on seeing results and making a real impact for our customers. We have a set of core values which define us and shape our tribe, if they resonate with you then we could be onto something. For more information, here is more information on our perks and our values-led approach to our work.
Unfortunately sponsorship cannot be provided, so full authorisation to work in UK without any restrictions is required.
Hi, we’re Akkroo: a vibrant, dynamic and innovative tech scale-up based in Brixton.
We’re on a mission to modernise the way businesses think about exhibiting at events and their approach to lead capture, where archaic, manual and broken methods are still the norm.