Come and work on all the things!
If you’re at your best when building with technologies that span across the full web stack such as PHP, React, HTML, CSS (SASS/LESS) this could be the perfect role for you.
We’re looking for a talented individual who will help us deliver a great experience for our customers, and would love to help us develop our best-in-class solution, a high-quality mobile & web-based product that is used by a growing list of incredible global businesses.
If you enjoy trying out new ideas and technologies in a startup environment, or would love to leave agency life behind to stretch yourself on new challenges, we’d be keen to hear from you.
What we’d love to see from you
- Great code skills and experience building PHP applications, with experience of MVC frameworks
- Strong HTML and SCSS/CSS development skills with an attention to detail and care around semantics and accessibility
- Interest building hybrid mobile apps and progressive web apps (using React or React Native)
- Experience working with Apache, linux servers and databases
- Experience of working in an Agile environment would be a plus
- A desire to contribute to building an incredible business as part of a small startup team
- A passion for self-improvement and personal growth
- We’d also love to see any native app work, including iOS or Android projects
What we value
A positive, thoughtful approach to life and your work will be important. Our five values reflect the qualities we look for in our peers:
- Build trust
- Good judgement
- Make an impact
- Be curious & innovate
- Embrace the journey
Every member of our team actively shapes our startup business; so personal learning, contribution and growth is very important to us all.
We encourage collaboration across the company, including participation and decision-making in areas you might not traditionally be familiar with, such as marketing, sales, customer success and business development.
Why work here?
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £35,000 – £45,000 for this role. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
A lot of places boast a great culture, but what’s going on here is really second to none (check out our Instagram for a sneak peak). You would join a vibrant, supporting and friendly team, who are laser focused on seeing results and making a real impact. We have a set of core values which define us and shape our tribe, if they resonate with you then we could be onto something.
You can also enjoy…
- Tech/work tools: We supply you with the best hardware so you can focus on the tasks at hand. We’ll hook you up with a MacBook on your first day, and we’ll sort out getting any additional hardware you need as you get settled.
- Social: You can enjoy monthly team lunches (we’ll get the bill), various fun events and a company which genuinely gets on well with each other.
- Holiday: We’re all adults here, so we’ll trust you to decide how much holiday you want to take (with a minimum of 24 days).
- Pay: We’re committed to paying competitively so you’re not worried about making a living whilst you’re here.
- Life perks: Discounts on gym membership, cinema, high street brands and cycle-scheme.
- Food and drink: Fully stocked fruit bowls to keep you healthy, free breakfast options. A barista style coffee machine stocked with locally roasted beans, and any tea you would like.
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
For more information on our perks and why we are a great place to work, click here. Or check out our Instagram here.
Launched in 2013, Akkroo is at the forefront of a new, emerging SaaS category that bridges the gap between live events and an organisation’s Marketing Automation and CRM solutions.
We’ve spent the last 3 years developing the platform to achieve product market fit, building our customer base and laying the foundations for global success. After raising a pre-Series A round in 2016 and reaching £1M ARR, we are ready to scale and are now on the journey to £10M ARR and beyond.