Hi, we’re Akkroo: a vibrant, dynamic and innovative tech scale-up based in Brixton.
We’re at the forefront of event lead capture, replacing outdated, manual methods: business cards, paper forms and rented scanners. Akkroo is changing the game.
Working at the intersection of events and MarTech, Akkroo is the bridge between the physical and the digital, empowering exhibitors to take control of the process at every event, big or small.
Our customisable app and web-based software helps businesses collect lead data at trade shows and exhibitions.
Akkroo works on tablets, mobile and the web, online and offline. We strip away old, inefficient and non-accountable paper-based processes, replacing them with reliable, enjoyable, modern data capture software.
We’re now 5 years into our journey, have recently secured a major round of funding, and are growing globally. When better to get involved with a company?
About the role
If you’re at your best when building with technologies that span across the full web stack such as PHP, React, HTML, CSS (SASS/LESS) this could be the perfect role for you.
We’re looking for a talented individual who will help us deliver a great experience for our customers, and would love to help us develop our best-in-class solution, a high-quality mobile & web-based product that is used by a growing list of incredible global businesses.
If you enjoy trying out new ideas and technologies in a startup environment, or would love to leave agency life behind to stretch yourself on new challenges, we’d be keen to hear from you.
What we’d love to see from you
- Great code skills and experience building PHP applications, with experience of MVC frameworks
- Strong HTML and SCSS/CSS development skills with an attention to detail and care around semantics and accessibility
- Interest building hybrid mobile apps and progressive web apps (using React or React Native)
- Experience working with Apache, linux servers and databases
- Experience of working in an Agile environment would be a plus
- A desire to contribute to building an incredible business as part of a small startup team
- A passion for self-improvement and personal growth
- We’d also love to see any native app work, including iOS or Android projects
What we value
A positive, thoughtful approach to life and your work will be important. Our five values reflect the qualities we look for in our peers:
- Build trust
- Good judgement
- Make an impact
- Be curious & innovate
- Embrace the journey
Every member of our team actively shapes our startup business; so personal learning, contribution and growth is very important to us all.
We encourage collaboration across the company, including participation and decision-making in areas you might not traditionally be familiar with, such as marketing, sales, customer success and business development.
Why work here?
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £35,000 – £45,000 for this role. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
A lot of places boast a great culture, but what’s going on here is really second to none (check out our Instagram for a sneak peak). You would join a vibrant, supporting and friendly team, who are laser focused on seeing results and making a real impact. We have a set of core values which define us and shape our tribe, if they resonate with you then we could be onto something.
You can also enjoy…
- Tech/work tools: We supply you with the best hardware so you can focus on the tasks at hand. We’ll hook you up with a MacBook on your first day, and we’ll sort out getting any additional hardware you need as you get settled.
- Social: You can enjoy monthly team lunches (we’ll get the bill), various fun events and a company which genuinely gets on well with each other.
- Holiday: We’re all adults here, so we’ll trust you to decide how much holiday you want to take (with a minimum of 24 days).
- Pay: We’re committed to paying competitively so you’re not worried about making a living whilst you’re here.
- Life perks: Discounts on gym membership, cinema, high street brands and cycle-scheme.
- Food and drink: Fully stocked fruit bowls to keep you healthy, free breakfast options. A barista style coffee machine stocked with locally roasted beans, and any tea you would like.
- Learning perks: We’ll give you £200 towards books and learning materials every year, so your next read is on us.
For more information on our perks and why we are a great place to work, click here. Or check out our instagram here.