Here at Akkroo, we’re on a mission to help businesses think differently about exhibiting and the way they capture and process leads at B2B trade shows and events.
We’re at the forefront of a new, emerging category that bridges the big gap between exhibiting at events and the organisation’s existing Sales and Marketing processes.
We’re based in London, UK, however have a large and growing customer base in the US and in line with our recent Series A funding are now hiring for Sales Development Representatives in key US locations, including Chicago.
Sales Development Representatives play an incredibly important role in Akkroo, helping us to proactively qualify buying interest, understand size and shape of potential accounts and line them up for further conversations and demos with the Account Executive team.
About this role
- This role is all about helping us to generate well qualified sales leads in the US
- The role will involve a mixture of:
- visiting local B2B trade shows, exhibitions and events, mostly at McCormick Place Exhibition Centre, to open conversations with great-fit customers
- prospecting into target accounts, utilizing a modern suite of outbound sales tools, campaigns and social outreach
- handling inbound enquiries received via the Akkroo.com website outside of UK working hours to qualify those leads and transition into the sales pipeline
- You’ll be part of our larger, UK-based Sales team with a focus on identifying and qualifying great-fit customers which are then passed over to our Account Executive team for demo and closing
- You’ll also work alongside our Marketing team to identify sectors, organizations and events to target
- This is a part time, remote and flexible contract position — the exact number of hours each week may vary, but we’re anticipating around 30 hours.
- You have previous B2B sales experience, either as an Account Executive or SDR role, ideally within a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) organization
- You love speaking to new people and are just as comfortable face-to-face as you are on the phone, via email or live chat through our website
- You’re willing and able to travel to events (occasionally at weekends) to meet new prospects
- As this is a remote role, you’re able to do great work independently and love the challenge of solving problems, proactively tackling challenges and when you don’t know something, you embrace the chance to grow and get better
- You’re setup to work remotely, with a suitable working environment and able to invoice us on a bi-weekly basis for your hours worked as a contractor
What we’re offering
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful European scale-up as one of our early teammates on the ground in the US
- We’re paying competitive salary, based on an hourly rate for a fixed number of hours. On top of this, you’ll receive a commission scheme based on generating Sales Qualified Leads
- You’ll be provided with all the tools you need to successfully do the job, including a MacBook and access to a suite of software that we use, including Slack, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, SalesLoft and Hubspot CRM
We’re Akkroo: a vibrant, dynamic and innovative tech scale-up based in Brixton.
We’re on a mission to modernise the way businesses think about exhibiting at events and their approach to lead capture, where archaic, manual and broken methods are still the norm.