Collecting and processing leads from events is broken. Akkroo is the Event Lead Capture solution that connects events, sales and marketing for businesses all over the world.
Launched in 2013, we’ve spent the last 4 years developing the Akkroo platform to achieve product market fit, building our customer base and laying the foundations for global success. As a Software-as-a-Service business, we are now on the exciting journey to £10M Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) and beyond. We are a growing team of 30 people based in awesome new offices in Brixton, London, with a small number of remote workers in the US and UK.
What we do
Our customisable app and web-based software helps businesses collect lead data at trade shows and exhibitions.
Akkroo works on tablets, mobile and the web, online and offline. We strip away old, inefficient and non-accountable paper-based processes, replacing them with reliable, enjoyable, modern data capture software.
What we are looking for
If you are at your best when building PHP applications that are structured with considerations around performance and scalability as a priority then this could be the perfect role for you.
We’re looking for a talented individual who will help us deliver a strong back-end system, and would love to help us develop our best-in-class solution, a high-quality mobile & web-based product that is used by a growing list of incredible global businesses.
If you enjoy trying out new ideas and technologies in a startup environment, or would love to leave agency life behind to stretch yourself on new challenges, we’d be keen to hear from you.
What we’d love to see from you
- Great code skills and experience building MVC PHP applications
- Considerations for performance, security, scalability and code reusability in all design decisions
- Strong experience working with Apache, linux servers and databases
- A desire to contribute to building an incredible business as part of a small startup team
- A passion for self-improvement and personal growth
And we’d be very interested if you can also show us
- Any experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience designing and building RESTful APIs
What we value
A positive, thoughtful approach to life and your work will be important. Our five values reflect the qualities we look for in our peers:
- Build trust
- Good judgement
- Make an impact
- Be curious & innovate
- Embrace the journey
Every member of our team actively shapes our startup business; so personal learning, contribution and growth is very important to us all.
We encourage collaboration across the company, including participation and decision-making in areas you might not traditionally be familiar with, such as marketing, sales, customer success and business development.
- A new Macbook Pro
- Equity (share options) scheme
- Personal book purchasing allowance
- Free Lavazza coffee and tea
- Free breakfast cereals and fruit every morning
- Quarterly free team social events
- Monthly free team lunches
- Perks & benefits including money off cinema, food, tech and fitness
First year salary from £35,000–£45,000, depending on skills and experience. This is a full time, permanent role, based from our London offices. We are unable to sponsor foreign-working visas for this role, except in exceptional circumstances.
Where we work
Our London office is right next to the River Thames, right by Houses of Parliament
It’s a short walk to Westminster, Vauxhall, Pimlico and St James’s Park (5-10 minutes) tube stops, as well as Victoria and Waterloo stations (20 minutes)
Our development team have a broad range of skills and we view ourselves as generalists, which is perfect for hustling a growing product and getting stuck in across the full stack.
How to apply
- Tell us specifically why working at Akkroo interests you, share examples of your work, and tell us about any relevant prior experience
- If you’re successful in your application, we’ll ask you to undertake a highly-relevant code task. If you can provide a solution, we’ll invite you to meet up with us to step through your ideas before we make a final decision.
- Remote working is not possible with this role.
- We are not always able to sponsor visas or work permits for this role.
Launched in 2013, Akkroo is at the forefront of a new, emerging SaaS category that bridges the gap between live events and an organisation’s Marketing Automation and CRM solutions.
We’ve spent the last 3 years developing the platform to achieve product market fit, building our customer base and laying the foundations for global success. After raising a pre-Series A round in 2016 and reaching £1M ARR, we are ready to scale and are now on the journey to £10M ARR and beyond.