Collecting and processing leads from events is broken. Akkroo is the Event Lead Capture software solution that connects events, sales and marketing for businesses all over the world.
Launched in 2013, we’ve spent 5 years developing the Akkroo platform to achieve product market fit, building our customer base and laying the foundations for global success. As a Software-as-a-Service business, we are now on the exciting journey to £10M Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) and beyond. We are a growing team of 30 people based in our awesome new offices in Brixton, London, with a small number of remote workers in the US and UK.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a passionate, creative and driven designer, ready to take the next step in their career. You don’t need to be the finished article yet, as long as you have a great portfolio to show us, and demonstrate your ability to develop, learn and improve.
As our Digital Designer you will work be responsible for the design, creation and delivery of Akkroo’s online and digital marketing materials with the goal of educating, informing, entertaining and driving our future customers to take action. Your day-to-day work will include:
- Designing and developing aspects of our front-end marketing website
- Designing and building landing pages and other web marketing content
- Graphical content for social media; profiles, banners, adverts etc.
- Email design, code, creation and testing
- Creating and (ideally) illustrating infographics
- Creation of customer-facing downloadable assets such as guides, as well as visual interpretation of written content
- Graphical content for display banners for our paid search, re-marketing and partners
Need to have
A strong portfolio of work that demonstrates creativity, modern web development code and a passion for design. We would like to see and hear you talk through examples of your process through to the final designs. You will at least two years of experience designing for a B2B audience, ideally within the SaaS, Events or tech space.
A head for marketing and a passion for design
We aspire to be organisation with a emphasis on great design, throughout all our communications and as well as our organisational branding. As a Digital Designer you will interpret a broad range of briefs in different digital formats, and apply high-quality design thinking to your work.
Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
The ability to solicit feedback openly, as well as being able to communicate your ideas clearly and concisely. Self editing, copy-checking and attention to detail are musts.
A roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-stuck-in attitude
You will be a part of our marketing and demand generation team, however you will work closely with other designers and individuals from across the business every day. As a growing startup, not everything has a process yet. We are looking for someone that is excited to embrace the journey (one of our core team values), and can contribute great personal value working as part of the team.
- Digital design (we use Adobe Photoshop)
- Vector design (we use Adobe Illustrator)
- Cross-platform email design and testing
- Experience with landing page tools or templating languages and systems (we use HubSpot landing pages)
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Marketing lifecycle stages (e.g. MQL, SQL)
- Experience using HubSpot, working with HubSpot Landing Pages or ideally HubSpot design certified
- Illustration skills
- Experience with print design (e.g. business cards, exhibition graphics, brochures etc.)
What we value
A positive, thoughtful approach to life and your work will be important. Our five values reflect the qualities we look for in our peers:
- Build trust
- Good judgement
- Make an impact
- Be curious & innovate
- Embrace the journey
Every member of our team actively shapes our startup business; so personal learning, contribution and growth is very important to us all.
We encourage collaboration across the company, including participation and decision-making in areas you might not traditionally be familiar with, such as marketing, sales, customer success and business development.
First year salary from £30,000—£35,000, depending on skills and experience. This is a full time, permanent role, based from our London offices. We are unable to sponsor foreign-working visas for this role, except in exceptional circumstances.
- A Macbook
- Equity (share options) scheme
- Pre-paid debit card and budget for books and audiobooks
- Free Lavazza coffee and tea
- Free breakfast cereals and fruit every morning
- Free drinks on a Friday
- Quarterly team social events
- Monthly free team lunches
- Perks & benefits including money off cinema, food, tech and fitness
- A desk in our brand new office
Where we work
You’ll be joining us in our brand new London HQ; a converted 19th century warehouse located in Brixton — just a couple of minutes walk from Brixton underground (Victoria line) and mainline stations.
Launched in 2013, Akkroo is at the forefront of a new, emerging SaaS category that bridges the gap between live events and an organisation’s Marketing Automation and CRM solutions.
We’ve spent the last 3 years developing the platform to achieve product market fit, building our customer base and laying the foundations for global success. After raising a pre-Series A round in 2016 and reaching £1M ARR, we are ready to scale and are now on the journey to £10M ARR and beyond.