Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 4,500 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, DFJ and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
In this position, your goals will be focused on customer conversion and user engagement. You will develop product features across the full Front stack and leverage A/B testing to assess outcomes. To be successful in this role you must be a quick learner, have proven software development skills, enjoy solving hard problems, enjoy data and metrics-driven optimizations, and work well in a small, cross-functional, dynamic team.
What will you be doing?
- Work in a small, cross-functional, dynamic engineering team
- Work closely with our data and marketing teams to run metrics-driven A/B tests
- Define and run experiments to improve customer on-boarding and conversion and product virality
- Build whatever it takes to grow
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years of industry experience building fast, reliable, real-time web-based applications
- Knowledgeable about modern web technologies and excited to learn new ones, e.g. Node.js ES6, TypeScript, React
- Rigor in A/B testing, test coverage, and other web best practices
- Experience building data and metrics-driven optimizations, and using data to inform product decision making
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application
- Product minded: committed to building the best user experience
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, collaborative, and high-growth environment
- Understand the trade-offs in employing different engineering solutions to a problem, valuing pragmatism over idealism
- Willing to iterate very quickly on growth experiments that succeed or fail
Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. With new workflows, efficient collaboration, and all their communication channels in one place, more than 3,500 businesses rely on their Front inbox to be more productive as a team.
A strong team is where it all begins. We work together like family and aren't afraid of tough challenges. We treat each other with respect, we speak our minds, and we foster a culture of trust. We strive to live out our values every day: transparency, care, collaboration, low ego, and high standards.
When we're not working, you'll find us playing games, building LEGO sets, walking to grab coffee, and eating French cheese.