Here at Akkroo, we’re on a mission to help businesses think differently about exhibiting and the way they capture and process leads at B2B trade shows and events.
We’re at the forefront of a new, emerging category that bridges the big gap between exhibiting at events and the organisation’s existing Sales and Marketing processes.
In line with our fast growth and recent Series A funding, we’re now hiring for a new Head of Events to join our team and help us achieve that mission; we want to become ubiquitous with the world of B2B events across Europe and the US.
This is a completely new role in the business, focused on 4 key areas:
- Events that we attend or exhibit at: Given what we do as a business, we like to practice what we preach and regularly exhibit at relevant events ourselves. We’d also love to be speaking and presenting more often, with a view to ramping up our attendance in 2019 and beyond both here in Europe and the US.
- Customer Events that we attend: We often like to send members of the team out to key events where our customers are there using Akkroo, both for providing support and advice, as well as for prospecting.
- Customer Events that we host: We’re keen to start running our own customer events, either hosting here at our offices or an external venues.
- Strategic Partnerships within the industry: Raising awareness of who we are and what we do within the industry is a key objective for the business through establishing key partnerships with associations and other stakeholders.
What we are looking for
- Experience in the world of B2B events is a must-have: This could be through working on the corporate side organising B2B trade shows and other events, or working within the industry on the organiser or association side.
- Someone who can design, organise and execute a vision for events in Akkroo: Events are at the very core of our product, and the time is now for us to design and deliver on our vision to ramp up our exposure in all aspects of the events world.
- A cross-functional, organised and process-driven approach: This is a completely new, senior role that will require close co-ordination with our existing Marketing, Sales and Customer Success teams.
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in:We’re a 40-odd person, fast-growing scale up and therefore it is vital you’re keen and willing to get stuck in at all levels as required, including regular travel around Europe and trips to the US. You’ll have access to existing resources in Marketing, Sales and Customer Success (and in time, make hires into your own team) but this will also be a hands-on role from day one.
- An outgoing, energetic individual: We see our new Head of Events playing a key role in raising our profile externally as well as helping to rally the team with knowledge, experience and through the power of events.
What’s on offer
We’re looking to pay a year one salary of between £50k – £60k, based on skills and experience. As a business, we are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing member of the team and contributing to our growth.
A lot of places boast a great culture, but what’s going on here is really second to none (check out our instagram for a sneak peak). You would join a vibrant, supporting and friendly team, who are laser focused on seeing results and making a real impact for our customers. We have a set of core values which define us and shape our tribe, if they resonate with you then we could be onto something. For more information on our perks and why we are a great place to work, click here. Or check out our Instagram.
Unfortunately sponsorship will not be provided, so full authorisation to work in UK without any restrictions is required.
Hi, we’re Akkroo: a vibrant, dynamic and innovative tech scale-up based in Brixton.
We’re on a mission to modernise the way businesses think about exhibiting at events and their approach to lead capture, where archaic, manual and broken methods are still the norm.