We’re Hive, a tech startup with huge ambitions, based in Newcastle upon Tyne city centre.
Our software as a service (SaaS) proposition operates in the ‘HR Tech’ space; one of the fastest growing sectors in tech right now. Our feature-rich platform connects employers and employees by gathering workforce feedback and insights on a continuous basis – an approach that is now adopted by SMEs and multinational corporates such as Apple, Amazon and Google.
We’re trusted by some great names and will be adding many more over the next five years.
Having experienced continued rapid growth; we are now recruiting to expand our sales team and help take Hive to the next level and beyond.
If you’d like to join an ambitious, competitive, dynamic, fun-loving team at a tech company that is going places – this might just be the job you’re looking for…
What’s Exciting About It?
Increasingly so, organisations are shifting towards Hive’s way of measuring and improving workplace engagement. We have a fantastic product in a growing marketplace – this is your opportunity to be in the right place at the right time.
Ride the wave with us and feel good about helping organisations to be better employers at the same time.
You’ll be a Hive ambassador; building relationships and helping prospects to “win” at employee engagement. Specifically, you’ll be:
- Representin’ Hive: You’ll understand and personify our culture, values & approach to sales and relationship building.
- Getting people excited about employee engagement: Our proposition isn’t a hard sell, but it’s essential that you’re passionate about what we do. Can you see yourself being excited about helping organisations to create engaging workplaces?
- Tailoring your sales approach: Hive is often a consultative sell. You’ll need to be awesome at listening and matching your approach with your audience’s’ requirements and values.
- Pitching: We’re awesome when we pitch. We’re looking for sales team members who believe in our product, understand our prospects’ needs and help us to maintain our successful record.
- Nurturing your sales pipeline: We use Hubspot CRM. As well as being a methodical and organised note taker, you’ll need to know and understand how to maintain and nurture long sales cycles through the use of intelligent communication.
- Generating leads and developing opportunities : A great salesperson can always generate their own leads and opportunities whenever necessary.
- Building relationships: You’ll need to be memorable, charismatic and authentic. We don’t do boring or fake!
- Attending conferences & exhibitions: You’ll need to be prepared to travel to some cool (and some not so cool) places to attend conferences and exhibitions. A driving licence isn’t necessary, but a passport is.
- Developing your skills: Continuous improvement is part of our culture and we’re not prepared to compromise. If self-development isn’t one of your strong points, Hive isn’t for you.
You’re positive, likeable, curious and great at building relationships with people from all walks of life. You’re never short of anything interesting or fun to talk about. You enjoy meeting and getting to know new people.
Listening is one of your best skills. You retain information, you’re intelligent and you can understand as well as communicate complex concepts.
You’re confident with the subject matter you work with and as such, you’re comfortable with a consultative sales approach.
You’re not phased by presenting to a room of experts yet you know how to tailor your approach for different audiences and thinking preferences.
You’re competitive. You love to win and know how to use that to bring the best out of yourself.
You don’t need to know or understand employee engagement, but it is an advantage if you do. If not, you need to have the appetite to learn and live employee engagement.
Continuous improvement and innovation come easily, and you learn from mistakes quickly.
You’ll have 5+ years of B2B sales experience.
Benefits & Atmosphere
- we offer a competitive salary;
- you’ll be supported by a talented, positive, can-do team of coworkers;
- we provide an informal work environment;
- we plan social events;
- we have unlimited holidays;
- there’s flexible working and flexitime; and
- we offer the opportunity to be part of something that’s going to matter.
Sounds good, right?
To apply, please submit your curriculum vitae and covering letter, within your covering letter, please include:
- exactly why you’re specifically right for this role and what you’ll bring to our startup;
- all of your best strengths and why they’re relevant; and
- tell us about all of your wins, successes and achievements to date (personal and professional achievements)…
AND… and there’s no need for corporate speak. Dump the formality if it feels right. Be yourself and let your personality shine through 🙂
We’re Hive, a tech startup with huge ambitions based in Newcastle upon Tyne city centre.
Our software as a service (SaaS) proposition operates in the ‘HR Tech’ space; one of the fastest growing sectors in tech right now. Our feature rich platform connects employers and employees by gathering workforce feedback and insights on a continuous basis – an approach that is now adopted by SMEs and multinational corporates such as Apple, Amazon and Google.