We’re Hive, an award-winning scale-up with huge ambitions, based in Newcastle upon Tyne city centre.
Our software as a service (SaaS) proposition operates in the ‘HR Tech’ space; one of the fastest growing sectors in tech right now. Our feature-rich platform connects employers and employees by gathering workforce feedback and insights on a continuous basis – an approach that is now adopted by SMEs and multinational corporates such as Apple, Amazon and Google.
Having experienced rapid growth over the last two years, we are now recruiting a talented UX-Designer to help take Hive to the next level and beyond.
If you’d like to join an ambitious, competitive, dynamic, fun-loving team at a tech company that is going places – this might just be the job you’re looking for…
What’s Exciting About It?
The UX Designer role is a newly created one and you’ll be given the support and resources you need to thrive and make it yours, in your own way.
You’ll play a critical role in shaping the vision for the product and bringing it to life systematically. Our mission is to help employers be amazing at engaging their workforces. This is an opportunity to work on a product that matters – you can help change the working lives of hundreds of thousands of employees.
The customer is our compass (it’s one of our values) and we’re investing big-time in the development of our product. You’ll be working in a team that is committed to building something we’re all really proud of, at pace but without the pressures of a budget-driven timesheet and without the red-tape that often holds things up.
We’re also using the latest front-end technology to boot (React).
The Role (In a nutshell)
Reporting to the Technical Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating an amazing user experience.
Your goals and responsibilities will include:
- Work across functional teams to understand the problems and needs of both our customers and the business.
- Help to plan, conduct and collate user research with the assistance of the Customer Success team via surveys, interviews and focus groups.
- Report findings and lead a collaborative approach to ideation and design.
- Translate ideas into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and build prototypes for testing and validation.
- Work closely with the development team to produce production ready deliverables.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
With a minimum of three years UX design experience under your belt, the ideal candidate can demonstrate experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
You’ll be well-versed in your preferred tools of the trade (Sketch, Axure RP, InVision etc…) whilst basic front-end development skills are a massive (but not essential) plus.
You’re able to work with customers and stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet our customers’ needs.
You’ve got extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
You’ve the ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
You’re a great communicator and can clearly and effectively relay design processes, ideas, and solutions to internal teams and customers.
You’re open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism, and you’re passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
Benefits & Atmosphere
- competitive salary;
- a talented, positive, can-do team of coworkers;
- informal work environment;
- planned social events;
- unlimited holidays;
- flexible working and flexitime; and
- knowing that you’re part of something that’s going to matter.
… please submit your CV and covering letter. Please include:
- exactly why you’re specifically right for this role and what you’ll bring to our scaleup;
- all of your best strengths and why they’re relevant;
- tell us about all of your wins, successes and achievements to date (personal and professional achievements)…
- examples of your previous work.
AND… there’s no need for corporate speak. Dump the formality if it feels right. Be yourself and let your personality shine through
We’re Hive, a tech startup with huge ambitions based in Newcastle upon Tyne city centre.
Our software as a service (SaaS) proposition operates in the ‘HR Tech’ space; one of the fastest growing sectors in tech right now. Our feature rich platform connects employers and employees by gathering workforce feedback and insights on a continuous basis – an approach that is now adopted by SMEs and multinational corporates such as Apple, Amazon and Google.