At GoCardless we’re looking to scale from processing £5 billion a year to over £10 billion. Our vision is to create a global connected payments network, making payments simpler on the internet no matter what country you’re in or what software you are using.
As we expand both domestically and globally, our go-to-market strategy becomes ever more critical, ensuring we’re crafting the right messages and positioning for each audience both internally and externally.
We’re looking for an ambitious, smart and motivated digital marketing executive to help us drive new customer acquisition in our international markets through digital channels.
You will assist planning and implementing our digital marketing activities outside the UK to introduce GoCardless and Direct Debit to a relevant international audience. Your key focus markets will be France and Germany with new markets likely to join as part of our international expansion. You’ll work with our media team, our digital agency and local country marketing managers to develop strategy and prepare digital ad campaigns to ultimately deliver a stream of quality leads and customers.
You’ll be hands-on, helping managing each of the core digital channels. Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the head of media and the local country marketing managers to define strategies and tactics for online acquisition in France, Germany and other key markets outside the UK
- Create specific themes, campaigns and messaging for our different markets and segments to effectively and efficiently target relevant audiences
- Support our digital marketing agency with campaigns across PPC and paid social.
- Build out A/B audience tests to optimise campaigns for conversion
- Work closely with our design team to prepare engaging creative (images and videos) to support themes and campaigns
- Create compelling ad copy for new digital campaigns
- Research new digital channels and platforms to test from new publishers, content marketing to programmatic
- Support the local country marketing managers in discovering new online acquisition strategies including conducting the appropriate research
- Use analytics tools including GA, Data Studio, Bizable and Looker to gain a deep understanding for each channel’s performance and consolidate those findings in weekly and monthly reports
We’ve built a friendly, collaborative culture where we hire and develop ambitious people that share our desire to do work we can be proud of. We value learning and feedback, and there will be significant scope for you to develop and expand your role as our team continues its rapid growth.
You should apply if:
- You have 2-3 years of hands on digital marketing experience at an agency or inhouse
- You’re native German/French speaker and fluent in English – any additional languages are a plus
- You’re analytical, numerate and very familiar with Excel and Google Analytics
- You’re a critical thinker and like to ask lots of questions
- You have a strong interest in online marketing and keep up to date on new developments via different blogs and podcasts
- You’re incredibly organised and have impeccable project management skills
- You’re not afraid of hands on work in a fast paced environment
This role would suit someone with a strong analytical mindset, with an analytical or marketing degree with initial experience in digital marketing.
We welcome a wide diversity of candidates from varying backgrounds – if you’re unsure, please apply.