Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t made for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on many siloed apps that make you less productive as a whole.
With more than 4,500 customers and $79 million in funding from Sequoia, DFJ and others, Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to help push Front’s user experience into the future. You’ll join a small team of user-centered designers focused on crafting high-quality experiences that improve the lives of our customers. You will collaborate with cross-functional partners to optimize the foundation of our core product and develop new flows and features. The ideal candidate for this role excels across the entire product development lifecycle, demonstrates product design best practices, and thrives in a fast-paced environment with tight feedback loops.
What will you be doing?
- Design for Front’s core product experience across various platforms including web, desktop, and mobile
- Understand and represent customers in product decisions with cross-functional peers during tradeoff, timeline, and experience discussions
- Impact business goals through effective and efficient development of design solutions
- Prototype new features and UX flows to get feedback
- Define product and user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Participate and shape the design team’s culture—establishing best practices, standardizing processes, and continued learning
What skills and experience do you need?
- 3-5+ years of experience building and shipping world-class products across various platforms
- Strong portfolio that exhibits mastery of design foundations, interaction patterns, attention to detail, and the ability to bring flows to life through prototyping.
- Growth mindset and eagerness to give and receive constructive feedback in a transparent work environment
- Experience with user-research and a collaborative approach to design
- Empathy for users and a passion for productivity-focused products
- Collaborative approach and belief that the best products are built through a partnership with product, design, and engineering
- Thoughtful communication skills. You can write documentation and present design decisions and processes confidently with audiences of all levels
Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. With new workflows, efficient collaboration, and all their communication channels in one place, more than 3,500 businesses rely on their Front inbox to be more productive as a team.
A strong team is where it all begins. We work together like family and aren't afraid of tough challenges. We treat each other with respect, we speak our minds, and we foster a culture of trust. We strive to live out our values every day: transparency, care, collaboration, low ego, and high standards.
When we're not working, you'll find us playing games, building LEGO sets, walking to grab coffee, and eating French cheese.