Are you a strong business-minded athlete with deep research expertise? Do you pride yourself on your analytical and problem solving skills? Would you like to have a role where you can both work on strategic projects, and also dive deeply into understanding our customers and deriving insights that can then be shared across the organization?
As the first Product Marketing Manager in Miro’s SF office, you’ll be working closely with the Director, Product Marketing & Customer Marketing to focus on discovering market and customer insights, driving awareness and adoption, and leading operational projects to support the product marketing team. You are a well-rounded athlete who is passionate about research, both qualitative and quantitative, but also operationally-minded and a strong project manager. You must be comfortable leading cross-functional initiatives as well as independently strategizing and executing. You’ll be partnering closely with the rest of the product marketing team as well as the larger marketing and product teams.
Successful PMMs at Miro will need to think like general managers: flexible but constantly seek mastery, with strong customer empathy, creative problem solving ability, research, synthesis, and analytical skills. You must be able to flex from thinking about high-level strategy to tactical marketing execution and possess a bias towards personal accountability and action.
What You’ll Do
- Help identify and implement new opportunities that grow Miro’s business.
- Conduct primary and secondary market research to inform go-to-market strategy, target audiences, and messaging
- Gather insights about customers and prospects by using various research methods—including surveys, interviews, and focus groups
- Synthesize actionable insights and present clear, data-driven recommendations to inform product and marketing strategy in an engaging and actionable manner
- Develop a vision and roadmap for market research
- Work closely with other insights teams to tell a cohesive story
- Translate technical details into product value for users, customers, and prospects and craft content/copy that resonates deeply with their needs
- Develop GTM strategies (pricing, packaging, and positioning) for features
- Create and execute innovative strategies and launch plans to drive awareness, engagement, and product adoption
- Design, implement, and manage processes and systems to streamline team operations
- Manage and create documentation for team processes
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in product or product marketing with a B2B SaaS company, preferably with a self-serve and enterprise business, or in management consulting
- You get a kick out of digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results.
- Experience with quantitative data collection and analysis
- Experience with statistical analysis software like R, Stata, or SPSS as well as some experience with SQL would be nice but not necessary
- You understand the value of storytelling and know how to partner closely with cross functional teams to achieve results.
- You’re able to make informed, strategic decisions around customer benefit/value and back up those decisions with validation.
- You excel in problem solving and are analytically inclined.
- You enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on complex projects, and are driven by results.
- Your interpersonal skills are exceptional and you’re passionate about setting new standards.
- You have a process-oriented mindset and ability to lead people to get things done.
- You have excellent written and strong presentation skills.
- You have experience working with a highly distributed, global team.
What’s in it for you
- Excellent health benefits that include medical, dental and vision.
- Flexible time off.
- Snack and drinks provided.
- Brand new office coming soon (in LA).
- Team outings and collaboration.
Miro is a leading visual collaboration platform for cross-functional teams in organizations of all sizes. Over 2 million managers, designers, agile coaches, marketers and other professionals collaborate, visualize and collect ideas and share their work using our product. We have more than 8000 paying customers from world’s most successful and innovative companies, including teams inside Netflix, Twitter, Skyscanner, Qlik, Upwork, Expedia, Spotify, eBay, Cisco, Sapient, Geometry, Unbounce, Autodesk, PwC, Deloitte and others.