Collecting and processing leads from events is broken. Akkroo is the Event Lead Capture solution that connects events, sales and marketing for businesses all over the world.
Launched in 2013, we’ve spent the last 4 years developing the Akkroo platform to achieve product market fit, building our customer base and laying the foundations for global success. As a Software-as-a-Service business, we are now on the exciting journey to £10M Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) and beyond. We are a growing team of 30 people based in awesome new offices in Brixton, London, with a small number of remote workers in the US and UK.
We’re on the hunt for a DevOps Specialist, to work with our existing part-time team to make substantial physical progress towards implementing scalable cloud infrastructure within the first few months of getting started in the role.
This is a huge opportunity, and offers a chance to start the process of transforming a growing startup infrastructure into the modern, scalable and secure platform we need as our business star continues to rise. You’ll be welcomed into an already stellar team, working together to create a new category of Event Lead Capture software with a clear vision of the future.
There are three main areas where this role will be taking ownership:
- Managing and developing our cloud based system infrastructure
- Service uptime and performance metrics
- Security, scalability & reliability of cloud platform
Of course variety is the spice of life, so you can also expect to:
- Research, plan, design and build a scalable, reliable, secure and performant cloud based infrastructure for a modern SaaSsolution deployed on mobile, web and as APIs
- Maintain our present server infrastructure (patch, monitor availability & overall health)
- Ensure and advocate redundancy, scalability and security in all our work
- Take ownership of disaster recovery and backup strategies
- Take ownership of prioritising, responding to and handling server issues
- Manage the day to day relationship between us and our part time remote SysAdmin team
- Help us define the vision of DevOps and cloud system administration at Akkroo looks like as we develop as a business and solution
Our ideal candidate
Given our size, the scope of this role and where we are in our journey the impact you could have here is enormous — that’s got to be something that excites you! You’ll need to be hands on, dedicated and reliable with a number of years experience building scalable cloud infrastructure. Underpinning this will be your fantastic communication skills and growth mindset!
Our ideal candidate will have been part of this journey before: of a small, fast growing company building out it’s infrastructure to meet the demand of a growing audience and needing to establish a firm, secure, reliable and scalable base upon which to build. Someone who communicates well with engineering, cloud providers and the broader team, and is happy to roll their sleeves up to build and support key system infrastructure as we start to build out our first dedicated DevOps function.
Let’s get to the nitty gritty of what we need:
Hard skills we need for this role…
- 4+ years in a technical role such as Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, Sys Admin or equivalent in production cloud environments, delivering customer-facing web applications and/or online services
- Knowledge and experience of AWS (SQS, S3) or other cloud platforms
- Experience with both MongoDB and MySQL administration
- Jenkins / TravisCI or equivalent
- Linux (we use Ubuntu)
- Monitoring tools (we use DataDog)
- Shell script programming
- Docker / Ansible / Puppet / Chef / Kubernertes
- Experienced in ‘Infrastructure as Code’/IaaS practices
- Experience with at least one programming language
The soft skills needed to thrive in this role…
- Technology agnostic mindset with a proven experience to identify and learn new systems, languages and frameworks
- Great communication skills
- If remote, demonstrable experience of having worked remotely successfully
Why work at Akkroo
We’re looking to pay a starting salary of £60,000 for this role. We are committed to ratcheting salaries as we grow, so you’ll be rewarded for being an amazing employee and contributing to our growth!
A lot of places boast a great culture, but what’s going on here is really second to none (you have to see it to believe it). You would join an incredibly friendly but high achieving team. We have a set of core values which define us and shape our tribe, if they resonate with you then we could be on to something.
You can also enjoy…
- Tech/ work tools: We supply you with the best hardware so you can focus on the tasks at hand. We’ll hook you up with a MacBook on your first day, and we’ll sort out getting any additional hardware you need as you get settled.
- Equity: Akkroo is still small, so our new team members have the opportunity to own a slice of the pie through our share options scheme.
- Social: You can enjoy monthly team lunches (we’ll get the bill), various fun events and a company which genuinely gets on well with each other.
- Holiday: We’re all adults here, so we’ll trust you to decide how much holiday you want to take (with a minimum of 24 days).
- Pay: We’re committed to paying competitively so you’re not worried about making a living whilst you’re here.
- Life perks: Discounts on gym membership, cinema, high street brands and cycle-scheme.
- Food and drink: Fully stocked fruit bowls to keep you healthy, free breakfast options
- Learning perks: You’ll get a book budget, so treat yourself to your next reads on us.
We’re Akkroo: a vibrant, dynamic and innovative tech scale-up based in Brixton.
We’re on a mission to modernise the way businesses think about exhibiting at events and their approach to lead capture, where archaic, manual and broken methods are still the norm.