As Sales Director, you will be leading a small and growing team of established Account Executives/Account Managers.
You will run the team as if it is your own business, completely owning your team’s targets through structure, KPIs, competitive incentive and compensation plans, motivating and challenging the team. You will also be responsible for negotiating and closing major deals and driving the closing of deals for your team.
- Own, create and implement effective sales strategies and lead sales team members to achieve sales targets in the UK & Ireland region
- Meet/exceed monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Take responsibility of key and/or complex business development leads, building relationships with stakeholders, and negotiating and closing these deals
- Coordinate with relevant C-suite members & other regional Sales Managers/Directors to agree on best practices and create local go-to-market strategies and playbooks
- Provide leadership through effective communication of vision, active coaching and development while comparing sales results to goals and taking appropriate action to correct when necessary
- Provide sales management, budget control, compensation programs and incentive planning
- Recruit top sales talent and develop a high-performing, results oriented sales team with an entrepreneurial spirit who are able to position the value of complex SaaS solutions to top tier customers.
- Identify and develop relationships with new key strategic partners, e.g., software integrators, advisory firms, technology and data providers
- Represent Silverfin by taking opportunities to inform and educate both the market and industry through platform speaking, seminars and events
- Drive weekly forecasting and pipeline management meetings with the team.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and report all sales activities to the Co-Founders
- Work with HR to develop an effective performance process, including agreeing performance metrics, incentive and compensation plans
- Monitor and analyse performance metrics and suggest improvements
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Product, Customer Success, Finance, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Stay up-to-date with new product launches and ensure sales team members are on board
- Liaise with other Regional Managers, Marketing and Product to ensure brand consistency
- Maintain competitive knowledge to create and adjust sales strategies.
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- Excellent track record of selling software technology solutions/SaaS
- Impressive leadership skills demonstrated by guiding a high-performance sales team through a challenging period of rapid growth
- Demonstrable experience of consistently achieving or over-achieving
- Entrepreneurial: happy and excited to own a target and budget
- Builder mentality with the ability to take decisions and get things done
- Experience and success in recruiting and retaining a high performance sales team and a demonstrated ability to lead, manage and coach a diverse sales team
- Demonstrated ability to create and achieve sales plans
- Proven business analysis and judgment with the ability to proactively manage business and P&L to meet objectives
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Ability to build positive working relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to effectively present information and negotiate with all levels of management including C-level
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Accounting and audit experience is a big plus
What we offer
- A competitive salary, uncapped commission and additional benefits
- An office space in Shoreditch, located right next to Boxpark
- The opportunity to work for a fast-growth, exciting and evolving company
- A stimulating working environment with passionate like-minded colleagues
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, fresh fruit and… drinks on a Friday
Silverfin is an online platform that makes Connected Accounting happen. Combining deep knowledge of international accountancy with advanced technology, the vision of the team behind Silverfin is to guide financial services firms towards digital transformation.