What is a Tech accountant at Silverfin? An accountant for a tech company, or an accountant who loves technology?
In this case, we’re looking for the latter.
As an Accountant who loves Technology, you will play a crucial in our business. Our Tech Accountants (internally referred to as Product Developers) help us build by inserting their knowledge into our product. This keeps us closely connected to the real day-to-day challenges of accountancy firms.
You will use your creativity, accountancy skills and ability to analyse and assess information to understand our customer’s requirements in order to help us continuously build and improve our awesome product.
In order to be successful in this role, you will have the ability to fully understand and challenge customer requirements. You will be focused on customer experience and use your obsession of detail to ensure work is completed to spec and a high standard.
- Learning liquid language to create and modify templates
- Working with the Product Experts and utilising your accountancy experience to develop Liquid templates ready for specific customer and regional market requirements
- Maintaining and improving templates to fully differentiate us in the UK market (and potentially beyond)
- Assisting and training customers in developing their own templates
- Acting as first line of defence for template bugs
- Contributing to our product development practice
Some of our challenges
- Finding the best way to explain to our customers how the digital evolution benefits them
- Our founder Joris Van Der Gucht started his career in accounting, but we need to stay informed about the market at all times
- Communicating about the right elements of our versatile offering with the right audience, as Silverfin is used on different levels within different organisations
- Active demonstrable interest in programming
- Commercial experience of working in an accounting practice and/or Big 4
- Auditing and/or accounting experience
- Creative skills with the ability to see and understand the bigger picture
- Strong communicator, with the ability to work with a wide range of people up to senior management and C-suite level
- Demonstrable focus on customer experience and good client-facing skills
- You will have the ability to fully understand and challenge customer requirements
- Strong attention to detail and motivation to ensure tasks are completed in time
- Possess superior communication skills, and able to demonstrate the ability to communicate to non-technical people
- Previous programming experience
What we offer
- A competitive salary with additional benefits
- An office space in Shoreditch, located right next to Boxpark
- The opportunity to work for a fast-growth, exciting and evolving company
- A stimulating working environment with passionate like-minded colleagues
- Endless supply of excellent coffee, fresh fruit and… drinks on a Friday
Silverfin is an online platform that makes Connected Accounting happen. Combining deep knowledge of international accountancy with advanced technology, the vision of the team behind Silverfin is to guide financial services firms towards digital transformation.