At Abacus, we’re reimagining the way businesses move money, starting with the first real-time employee expense system. We’re excited about building tools that are not only effective but enjoyable for everyone to use. Creating the best customer experience drives us – we love hearing everyday how what we’re working on is saving our customers time and headaches. Making expense reports obsolete is only the beginning – join a team that is leading the charge in how businesses manage their cash flow.
We’re expanding our inside sales organization and looking for a driven account executive to help us accelerate our growth. You’ll own the entire sales lifecycle, from following up with qualified inbound prospects to targeting outbound leads.
This position is for candidates with 2-4 years of experience. It’s a great opportunity for current Account Execs who are looking to join a fast-growing B2B SaaS startup that is focused on the small business market, or current Sales Development Representatives who are looking to step up and take on a challenge.
We’re a lean team where everyone works collaboratively to ensure that we’re building the best product for our customers and there is plenty of room for both learning and growth.
What will you be doing here?
- You will be the face of Abacus, responsible for the entire sales lifecycle from prospecting, pitching, and demoing to helping onboard new customers.
- You will be advising prospective customers on ways to improve their company’s Finance and Accounting workflow (whether relating to expense management or otherwise). We are always looking to provide value to our customers.
- You’ll work with our Sales and Marketing teams to help prospect and qualify leads, manage your own pipeline of opportunities, and stay focused on hitting your goals.
- Everyone touches product at Abacus, so you’ll translate feedback back into our Product and Engineering teams to help better prioritize new features and updates.
What would make you a strong candidate?
- 2-4 years experience in B2B SaaS sales.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A track record of exceeding quota.
- Strong history of outbound prospecting and cold outreach
- Experience selling to multiples stakeholders within an organization (IT, Finance, Operations, etc) and understanding how to navigate the sales cycle around this.
- Technical aptitude: You will be speaking to companies that are using a variety of systems and financial platforms. We require that candidates have the aptitude to pick up these concepts and technologies quickly.
- Strong multi-tasker: You’ll have to balance demos, follow-ups and prospecting.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: we’re looking for someone who can operate in a lean structure and constantly seeks to improve the process.
What would be nice to have?
- You have experience working with BDR/SDR teams.
- You’ve worked on small sales teams and can help build your own pipeline.
- You have experience with Salesforce or a similar CRM.
- You have experience with SalesLoft, EchoSign, and Gong.
Those who need to move fast choose Abacus. Companies like MailChimp, Pinterest and hundreds of others run on Abacus, and this is just the beginning. We have the opportunity to help businesses do things they previously couldn’t - that’s what drives us. If you’d like to help businesses get money wherever it needs to go and fast, we’d love to speak with you.