We’re looking for an analytical, proactive, pragmatic, and business-driven Finance Operations Manager to lead end to end the projects of the Finance department involving both internal and external collaborators. Someone with a strong experience in the negotiation of complex deals and deep knowledge of finance processes and financial statements.
If this sounds like you, we need to talk.
As a Finance Operations Manager, you will be an instrumental contributor to our Finance strategy, directly impacting the success of one of the fastest-growing startups in Europe. You will have the freedom to showcase your excellent leadership and team-playing abilities, as well as exceptional project management, ownership, communication, relationship-fostering and problem-solving skills.
Beyond the requirements listed above and below, you must possess a genuine hunger to help us build an amazing SaaS product that companies will fall in love with, so be ready to roll-up your sleeves!
What will you do:
- Own Project planning E2E with a “Projects kick off readiness” mindset: all the planning and preparation is properly done before we push the “go” button.
- Search for 3rd party supplier and manage E2E negotiations.
- Lead any assigned project and report on it properly: timely and with a deep understanding of the operations and risks.
- Continuous follow up of results.
- Own conclusions and forensics.
- You will take data-based decisions to align with our corporate strategy.
- Build strong relationships with any internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate and communicate decision-making processes with all stakeholders, with a clear vision of the short-term vs future, and what matters most and needs to be done.
- Challenge the roadmap to ensure that everything planned creates value for the business and for our customers, based on solid research and evidence.
- Represent the company at relevant events.
What you need to have:
- 5 years’ experience in an international Consulting company is a must.
- Financial background or an MBA.
- Great communication and presentation skills in English and Spanish: You can clearly communicate in any mean to any type of stakeholder.
- Proven successful experience in a Finance Operations position with an overachiever track record, ideally within a fast-growing, startup environment in Travel business: you will need to provide references.
- Proven Project Management skills: you are highly dependable and owning projects is your bread and butter.
- Organized: You are very organized and ensure nothing falls through the cracks.
- A truly data-driven mindset and a strong process orientation, possessing experience in building, documenting, and rolling out efficient processes and programs, and in task automation.
- Pragmatic: You have a startup mindset, you can think and produce quick to collaborate on quick wins and you can take advantage of last-minute opportunities.
- Proactive: You don’t wait for opportunities to arise, you create them!
- Team Player: Whatever the problem, you are always part of the solutions
- A true aim to listen carefully, explore new ideas, and coach/get coached.
- Flexibility to learn from what you’ve done in the past, not adhere rigidly to it.
- Continuous improvement is in your blood. The bar is high but you always aim to set it higher. Smart, organized fast learning, and resourceful mindset.
- You are tech savvy.
- Ability to create long-lasting connections very easily.
- Enjoy working as a true owner: assuming responsibility and commitment to ambitious goals and tight deadlines is your bread and butter, and you are ready to go the extra mile and inspire others to do so when needed. You don’t need hand-holding to get things done.
- Strong character, perseverance, and grit. You are truly resilient and positive and know how to remain calm and handle the pressure.
This position requires you to be based in Barcelona. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world.
English is the official language at the office.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that, since its creation in early 2015, has raised over $30M by world-class investors in some of the most disruptive companies in tech industry including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero. Our team is made up of A-players from the top companies in the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market where over $1.25 trillion is spent each year. We grew 1200% in 2017, were named as the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#4 in the world) by SaaS1000, were featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired, and just concluded our 2nd round of funding ($21M) to help us scale.