Are you a Back-end Developer with extensive programming experience? Is your code fast, efficient and reliable? Do you particularly enjoy working with amazing people, having fun at work and building something awesome? If so, let’s talk!
TravelPerk is building a next-generation platform to take the pain out of booking and managing business travel.
As a senior back-end developer, you will work on a day-to-day basis with our product team to design, architect and implement the back-end of our product.
As Senior Back-end Developer, this position involves:
- System architecture design, implementation and testing.
- Product development in Python and Django of a travel-related web-based product.
- Integrations between our product to 3rd party APIs.
- Work within an Agile environment with strong attention to detail.
- Being able to mentor/coach/train other colleagues as a domain expert.
Required skills and experience:
- “Product Engineering” mindset.
- Extensive experience in similar roles building technically complex products.
- Expert level at server-side development.
- Experience writing highly efficient asynchronous code.
- Git version control.
- Obsession for quality and testing.
- Eager to learn new technologies and frameworks.
- Strong communication skills (in English).
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the travel industry.
- DevOps experience with the AWS suite and/or Heroku.
- Experience working in high-performing, Agile development teams.
- People who like to build stuff (we really like people who maintain/contribute to open source projects).
What do we offer?
- Competitive compensation including equity in the company.
- 24 vacation days per year and flexible working hours.
- Health perks: Choose between a private health scheme or a gym allowance.
- “Flexible compensation plan” to help you diversify and increase the net salary.
- Free coffee and beverages, fresh fruit and other breakfast stuff.
- The back-end developer position requires full-time, in-house work in Barcelona, Spain. We can help with relocation from anywhere in the world. English is the official language at the office. No prior knowledge of Spanish is required.
TravelPerk is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
We are TravelPerk: a fast-growing, well-funded startup that, since its creation in early 2015, has raised over $30M by world-class investors in some of the most disruptive companies in tech industry including Slack, Trello, Twitter, Farfetch, Deliveroo and Delivery Hero. Our team is made up of A-players from the top companies in the online travel industry - Booking.com and Skyscanner among others.
Our mission is to revolutionize the B2B corporate travel market where over $1.25 trillion is spent each year. We grew 1200% in 2017, were named as the fastest growing SaaS startup in Europe (#4 in the world) by SaaS1000, were featured as one of the hottest startups to watch by both Forbes and Wired, and just concluded our 2nd round of funding ($21M) to help us scale.