We’re vzaar, we’re a video hosting platform for business, and we’re looking for a frontend developer to join our fantastic development team.
You’ll work closely with our talented full-stack development team, working on the vzaar platform, which is used daily by thousands of businesses who depend on video. Some of our clients include Futurelearn, Fiverr & eBay.
This role is an in-office role, based in London, in our Vauxhall office, with the option to work remotely every Thursday.
Here’s a small sampling of what we have in mind for the role
- You will work to develop and maintain the vzaar video management platform; a React app our customers depend on
- You will improve the way we display our analytics and statistics to our customers
- You will work in collaboration with our UX designer on building a visually compelling and interactive library of responsive components for the vzaar application
- Live examples of development work using React & Redux
- Experience choosing and working with APIs
- A strong individual contributor who is happy to be responsible for your own projects
- We need you to be a conscientious collaborator, pointing out things you think could be improved, supporting your team where you can
- You value great user experience above all else (even when it’s tempting to try out the latest framework of the week)
We don’t expect you to have all (or any) of these skills, but this list will tell you a little about the rest of our technology stack, and hopefully pique your interest about what we do
- Experience working on a backend built in Ruby on Rails
- Experience working with video playback in the browser with video.js and hls.js
- Experience as a part of a distributed, Agile team
- Ability to write great documentation both for customers, and the rest of your team
- Experience with Git and code collaboration in teams
- Knowledge of AWS
- Knowledge of analytics and data visualisation
- Experience developing for high-traffic websites
- Understand how to optimise the performance on the frontend when you have large volumes of data
£38,000 – £50,000 depending on your experience & skills
We try the best that we can to provide a balanced, happy, healthy and productive working environment for you.
- Employee pension scheme
- Bicycle scheme
- Travelcard loan
- Office snacks, fruit & soft drinks
- Weekly team socials
- Excellent coffee & tea
- 25 days paid holiday plus all UK bank and public holidays
- Self development/conference budget
- Flexible working
Let’s be honest: everything about finding a new job is stressful, so we want to be as clear and upfront about the process as possible. After you apply, we’ll go through these steps:
First up, you will have a 30 minute(-ish) friendly chat with a member of our development team about vzaar, the role, and your background.
After that, if there’s a mutual fit, we’ll ask you to complete a small coding task (note: we’ll use React) without a time constraint.
Finally, we’ll have a 3 – 4 hour in-person interview, where you’ll meet the team, have a technical interview with one or more members of the team you’ll be working with, and meet with our CEO, Adrian.
vzaar is an equal opportunity employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The UK's biggest video hosting platform for businesses who are serious about video. Adaptive streaming, in China playback, APIs & AES encryption.